Growing up on the U.S.-Canada border in Northern New York inspired Ashley’s commitment to help people from other countries overcome obstacles and achieve their personal and professional goals. Ashley’s interest in human rights law, social justice and learning from individuals from diverse cultures led her to practice immigration law. She joined Hecht & Norman in 2018, and works to keep families together and advocates for immigrant survivors of violence and persecution.
Ashley graduated from Willamette University College of Law with a Certificate in International & Comparative Law and Honors in Legal Research & Writing and Administrative Law. After law school, Ashley moved to Qingdao, China and earned her Master of Laws (LL.M) degree from Ocean University of China. She has volunteered as an attorney for Refugee Adjustment Day and served as a volunteer English teacher for undocumented migrant children in Shanghai, China. In her free time, Ashley enjoys hiking and traveling with her husband, playing piano, and learning new languages.
- Hecht & Norman, LLP, Immigration Attorney, 2018 – Present.
- Valley Immigration Training, Advocacy & Legal Services, Executive Director & Staff Attorney, 2017-2018.
- Environmental Law Alliance Worldwide, Director of Philanthropy & China Program, 2014-2017.
- Wincon Law Firm (Qingdao, China), Legal Research Associate & Translator, 2012-2013.
- Dunn Carney Allen Higgins & Tongue, LLP, Legal Extern, 2011.
- Oregon Department of Agriculture, Legal Compliance Intern, 2008-2009.
- English Teacher at Migrant Children’s Elementary School (Shanghai, China), 2005.
- Ocean University of China (Qingdao, China), LL.M., 2014.
- Willamette University College of Law, J.D., 2011.
- St. Lawrence University, B.A., 2008.
- Donghua University (Shanghai, China), 2007.
- East China Normal University (Shanghai, China), 2005.
- U.S.-China Consultation on People-to-People Exchange (CPE) Scholarship, 2012-2014.
- Oregon State Bar Affirmative Action Program Public Interest Honors Fellow, 2010.
- Oregon Supreme Court.
- New York Supreme Court.
- U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon.
Professional Affiliations and Community Activities
- American Immigration Lawyers Association.
- Oregon Women Lawyers (OWLS).
- Refugee Adjustment Day Volunteer Attorney.
- Vice Chair, Lane Community College English as a Second Language Advisory Committee.
- Lane County Bar Association.
English, Mandarin Chinese, Spanish & French
329 E. 8th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97401