BEVERLY A. CHANEY
For 16 years, Beverly was an international business lawyer in New York City, where she advised investors, boards of directors and entrepreneurs in connection with an array of transactions, including business formation and capitalization, mergers and acquisitions, commercial loans, securities offerings and employee issues. She immigrated to Idaho in 2012 and since becoming Of Counsel to Hecht & Norman has specialized in business immigration and criminal issues affecting immigrants. In New York City, Beverly’s clients were often investment banks or multinational corporations; now she enjoys making a difference in the lives of individuals.
- Cain Brothers & Company, LLC, Vice President, Legal & Compliance, 2008-2009.
- Fulbright & Jaworski, L.L.P. (now known as Norton Rose Fulbright), Senior Counsel,
- Paul Hastings LLP, Associate Attorney, 1993-1996.
- Fiction Network magazine, Managing Editor, 1987-1989.
- New Times weekly newspaper, Editorial Assistant,1985-1986.
UCLA School of Law, JD, 1993.
- Arizona State University, BA, English, 1986.
- Cornell University, 1982-1984.
- Order of the Coif.
- American Jurisprudence Prize Award in Property.
- P.E.O. Scholar.
- Idaho Supreme Court.
- United States District Court for the District of Idaho.
- New York Supreme Court.
Professional Affiliations and Community Activities
- American Immigration Lawyers Association.
- Rotary (Sunrise Club of Boise).
- Chancel Choir and Grace Notes ensemble, Cathedral of the Rockies.
- Fluent: English and Spanish
- Basic: French and German
329 E. 8th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97401